I have not written for quite some time as so much is happening. Good and bad, but most of all, busy. Baity has been through some new changes which are wonderful and most importantly very successful with our clients, without whom we would not be here.
I have on board with me a friend who is a chef, Michael Kane, AKA Scotti, who has helped me do something that i have wanted to do for quite some time, but between paperwork, cooking, managing and operating, i found it a little daunting. We started together to do our now infamous Tapas nights. Not Spanish Tapas food but simply the idea of sharing plates in the evening 2 x a week changing the menus every week....
We have here:
- A selection of : Batata harra, Portobello mushroom stuffed with gotas cheese topped with persillade, Tempura aubergine with sweet miso, Fillet steak with polenta and zaatar chips,
- Fried chicken livers with coriander and chilli, and salmon ceviche with edible flowers.
- Confit duck with pommegranate infused Freekeh with sour cherries and red currants.
- Roasted red pepper and sweet potatoe puree with grilled halloumi and cheese and ham board
- Pork souvlaki
- Avocado and crab salad with toasted Ciabbatini
- Gambas and chorizo with Red roasted peppers and Wow micro cress
- Oven baked oysters with Tarragon velouté and garlic parsley persillade crust
- Home made chicken liver parfait with taosted sourdough
- Grilled calamari with sauce vierge
- Wild garlic and spinach risotto
- Round courgettes stuffed with Sweet potato and saffron risotto
- Patatas bravas
- Greek salad stuffed in a beef tomato
- Oven seared quail with harissa spiced cous cous and tzatziki sauce
- Pork belly with celeriac chips and honey roasted figs
- Deep fried calamari with szechuan pepper and sweet chilli jam
They have been an extreme success being booked out every week. We began this becasue we wanted to offer something differnt to our clients as opposed to having similar things/styles on the rest of the street. And boy do they love it.
Its a really great thing mixing two different peoples ideas to create a mix of comforting recognisable foods with a little bit of middle eastern twist. And most importantly that it should taste so good with the final result.
I hope you enjoy the pictures and if you want some more information please visit our FACEBOOK page where i update almost everyday about what is going on in Baity with menu changes and new dishes....
Happy cooking and i hope to see you at Baity if you are around....