Now in this amazing time, there are also amazing foods to indulge in and i am like a bulldozer, non stop baking and non stop eating! On thanksgiving i made my client some muffins and they were just so moorish and juicy and full of colour and bite. they were covered with a lovely streusal topping which was an added bonus.
I used 2 kinds of cranberries for this and use vegetable oil instead of butter. The fresh cranberry gives this a sour and bursting punch, and the craisin (dried Cranberry) gives this a sweet and chewy texture. Both work together so well and make this a muffin not to be forgotten.
250g Mixed Fresh Cranberries and Craisins
150 ml milk
115g caster sugar
115ml vegetable oil
1/4 t Bicarbonate of Soda
1/4 t salt
1 t Vanilla extract
- Make your struesal first but mixing together the flour and butter to make a resemblance of breadcrumbs, like a crumble topping. then add the sugar and set aside
- Mix the oil and sugar together
- Add the eggs.
- Add the milk and mix well, scraping down the sides!
- Add the sifted flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda.
- Add the vanilla and then add the cranberry mix.
- Line a muffin pan with cases and fill all the way to the top.
- Coat each muffin with the streusal and place in a hot oven at 180 degrees C.
- Cook for about 20-25 minutes.
Love the holiday Season!!!!