I had really missed cooking while i was away and as soon as i came back the first thing i did was go to the supermarket and stocked up my fridge.
Veal Koftas were on the menu.
I made them a little thai style and a little chinesey and they were simply sensational.
My mix was simple quick and easy. The juices that came out of the koftas were just divine and were poured over my salad that accompanied them with a little lime and chilli. My husband was so happy when he saw what was for dinner as we had not had a home cooked meal for nearly a month.
I think my mother would be proud of me with this dish as it is always nice to step outside the box.
500g veal mince
4 garlic cloves
bunch of mint
bunch of coriander
3 tablespoons soya sauce
2 tablespoons chilli jam
1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
small knob of peeled ginger
- Get all the above ingredients, minus the veal and blitz in a food processor. This will create a liquid paste.
- Add this paste to your veal mince and mix well.
- When it has all combined, begin by taking some veal and pressing it between your fingers to make a small kofta and then place it on a baking sheet.
- When you have finished making all your koftas, place them in the fridge for about 1 hour to set.
- Get a frying pan nice and hot and add some vegetable oil.
- Place your koftas in the pan but dont over crowd the pan as this will reduce the heat and begin boiling them, rather then fry them.
- Serve with a small salad with the juices of the veal and some lime with some fresh red chilli.
These will be such a treat for anyone. And something that i am sure you will make over and over again.
My next koftas are pork with apple and thyme!