So now back to my short and sweet blog about the most wonderful idea. They are bouncy, flavourful and just so divine the description of them is just not going to give you a proper account of what they are truely like. I literally foudn the recipe about an hour ago and began making them. I made one substituion as i didnt have any milk, so i used buttermilk instead which worked a treat! I would use it again. I think it gives it a richer deeper flavour.
170g golden caster sugar
1 large egg
340 g all purpose flour
10g Baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 pinch of cinnamon
60ml vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
large knob of butter melted
caster sugar with cinnamon mixed for dusting
- Mix sugar and egg together till thick
- Add flour, Baking powder, salt and cinnamon and mix in with the egg and sugar mix
- Add the milk and oil and whisk.
- Pour into ready greased muffin tray and bake at 190 for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from pan and dip in the melted sugar and then coat with the cinnamon caster sugar and serve.
These little delicous treats are perfect hot or cold. They still have that moorish taste and for me, bring back so many memories purely from the smell. Nostalgia is simply one of the best things!
Enjoy and please have a look at Sara's blog!