After doing a year long stint at this one restaurant, i learned how to make the perfect baked potato. And perfect almost seems to be an understatement. So simple and so amazing. Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. Draped with butter and drizzled with salt. AMAZING.
When i saw how easy it was to make this i couldn't believe it and cant believe it has taken this long to share it with you all....
So the way to make this is...
- Place the foil on the baking tray
- Cover the bottom layer of the tray with salt all over.
- Wash and dry the potatoes and place them on the salt.
- Place garlic cloves all over with skin still on
- Cook in a preheated oven at 250 degrees and turn every half an hour for 1.5 hours
- Serve hot with butter and salt.
Some info on health benefits of baked potato:
Who knew the mighty potato had so much goodness. Its the misconception that potatoes are fattening, but its just the toppings that are bad. So think carefully, and eat wisely.
Simple delicious and no effort to create perfection.