Nobu's Black Cod. I like it alot, but could do without it. Until i tried it myself. Also paying over £35 for a piece of fish that is this size of you finger just doesn't appeal to me.
I made this for a clients party the other night and i have to say
a)i was super impressed with how easy the recipe is, and
Making good food should not have to cost the earth, but it should taste incredible. So i share with you my recipe for the famous Black Cod which i am sure you will love. I made miso rice with it to give it a bit of UMPH!
400g White sweet miso paste
300ml of Mirin
Cod, with skin on
- Mix the miso paste with the mirin and sugar. Add a little water to make the texture almost like a thick caramel. Taste to see if it is sweet enough for you. I like mine a little on the salty side, but you can adjust this to make it work anyway you like.
- Take you cod fillets with skin on and place them in the marinade flesh side down, and leave them for over 24 hours in the fridge to totally soak up the flavours of the marinade.
- When they are done, get your oven on and also a pan on the hob.
- Take each fillet and place it on a kitchen paper to remove any excess sauce and add a tiny bit of oil to your pan so they don't stick, place the cod, flesh side down and after a couple of minutes turn it over.
- Then place in the oven for a further 5-8 minutes depending on the size of your cod and baste with some marinade and let it cook at 180 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and simply serve on its own or make some rice to go with it.
No more having to wish for this dish. It can be made in the comfort of your own home, and is sure to impress everyone. Even you!