So i looked at the recipe and thought that it was perfect. No eggs, no butter. Great for anyone who is lactose intolerant and also for anyone on a special diet or fasting for lent. The replacement is the Tahini, which creates this incrdible nutty flavour, and adds a depth that keeps this brownie moist and chewy.
It was easy to make and so quick. I kept trying the brownie and now half of it is gone. I have to make some more before my husband gets back as i told him there were quite a few left. This recipe can easily be doubled. I would do that just to make sure you have extra.
100g Dark chocolate
150g caster sugar
150ml orange juice (freshly squeezed)
1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- Melt your chocolate in a micorwave or in a double boiler. Microwave is probably best as it is such a small amount.
- Squeeze your oranges and add the Tahini to it.
- Pour over the chocolate and add the sugar.
- Mix everything together.
- Measure and sift your flour and BP and pour on top of your chocolate Tahini mix.
- Grease and line an 8" pan with parchment paper or baking paper and pour your mix in.
- Try to get it to every corner.
- Cook at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
This will result in a wonderful nutty, moist, decadent brownie.