I love simple pizza. Usually with ham and rocket, but occasionally, with aubergenes. I like to use grated mozzarella and buffalo mozzarella with a delicious home-made tomato sauce made from fresh tomatoes. It just makes everything so fresh and delicious.
This pizza is fool proof and so easy to make it would be a shame to order a takeaway when it can be this good.
Dough, tomato sauce, cheese, ham, aubergenes, what could be a better combination?!?!?!
420 warm water
7g easy acting yeast
2T olive oil
500g Bread flour
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon of sugar
- Mix warm water with yeast and sugar and let it swell for about 5-10 minutes. There will be a nice foam on the top.
- When this has happened, measure out the flour and salt and place in your kitchen aid and add the olive oil.
- Pour the yeast mixture in slowly till you get all the flour Incorporated together. I would hold back about 2-3 Tablespoons of water just in case. It all depends on heat, air quality at the time.
- If you find that the dough mix is too wet add 1 Tablespoon of flour at a time to make it come together.
- Mix with a dough hook or by hand for about 5-7 minutes. By hand it may take a few minutes more.
- When you have done this, place the dough in a well oiled bowl and cover with clingfilm or a tea towel in a warm place.
- Let it rise for about an hour till it has doubled in size.
- The deflate it and knead it slightly.
- Cut it into four pizzas and roll out to your desired shape.
- Place your tomato sauce and topping and cook for about 12-15 minutes at 200 degrees.
6 Fresh tomatoes, cut into small pieces
1/2 onion diced1 Tablespoon of tomato pureé
a handful of fresh basil leaves
2 teaspoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
- Place onions in a pan with olive oil and gently sauteé them.
- Add the tomato pureé and cook it with the onions.
- Then add tomatoes and mix well.
- Add salt, sugar and basil leaves.
- Add about 1 cup of water and bring to the boil and let it reduce.
- Check the heat as you don't want it to catch on the bottom and burn.
- Check for seasoning and it should be ready in about 20-30 minutes.
- Spread on top of your pizza base and place your topping.
Nothing beats this recipe and this is definitely a treat for anyone.