900g lamb mince
1 onion diced
1 bunch of parsley chopped
4 Tablespoons tahini
6 Tablespoons yoghurt
1/2 cup of water
- Mix the mince with diced onion and parsley, and add salt and pepper.
- Place into an oven proof tray and gently pat down, making indentations every 2 cm to create little dips.
- Do not compress the meat to tight, you dont want to have a dense texture.
- Mix the tahini and yoghurt together and add the lemon juice. It will begin to seize but dont worry it will loosen up.
- Add the water and check for taste.
- You want it to be zingy and a little runny.
- Set aside.
- Place the meat into an oven at 200 degrees for about 15 minutes and then take out of the oven. When it has browned, add the tahini mix and pour it all over the top.
- Place in the oven again for another 10-25 minutes.
- Remove and serve with green bell peppers, and chilli and arabic flat bread.
This dish will have you dreaming of the next time you will make it.Or that no one will have the last slice....