So i decied i was going to make a Cod parcel filled with all of the above. And i did. It turned out surprisingly beautiful and ever so tasty. But next time i will have to marinate the fish to get extra flavour, as my husband says " Cod is just my least favourite fish as it has NO taste EVER".
So after my experimental dish, i have to say i was very happy with the results. You should try it. But marinate it first.
1 bunch mint
1 bunch of coriander
Half a pommegranate
Lemon to taste
Sherry vinegar to taste
1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
ready made puff pastry
- Make the marinade, by mixing lemon, sherry vinegar, salt, cayenne, pepper, mint, coriander, and salt. Plcae the cod peices into it and let it marinate for a while. About half an hour.
- Cut the fennel into thin slices and remove the cod and set aside.
- Place the fennel into the marinde. Add the pommegrante.
- Roll out two peices of puff pastry with about 2 inches on each side extra around the cod.
- Place the fennel mix on the base, the cod on top and some pommegranate on top of that.
- Brush the sides with egg was and begin to fold your parcels.
- Add some more egg wash on top of the puff pastry to add extra shine while cooking.
- Seal them well and place in a hot oven at 200 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until the pastry has gone golden brown.
- Make some more salad using fennel, mint, coriander, lemon and cayenne pepper and set aside till your fish parcel is ready.
This is a fresh and comforting dish, maybe because of the pastry, but it has all the elements, pastry, fish, vegetables, and herbs.
I love receiving parcels..... dont you?