I love flap jacks, and oat bars, and the filling of warm jam that has just set makes it even more fantastic. These are simple to make, quick to consume and you will be making more of them before you even know it.
These bars are relatively healthy, and filling. Oats burn slowly through your system and release sugars slowly to keep you going for longer, which is great. Oats have a healthy cholesterol lowering properties which has made them extremely popular with people in the last ten years.
So the story is that you should try these for sure.....
170g old fashioned rolled oats
140g whole-wheat flour
140g plain flour
165g dark brown sugar
3/4 t baking soda
3/4 t salt
285g light margerine
350g sugar free jam
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Mix the flours, the oats and butter together. Add sugar and make into a crumble mixture, adding the salt and baking soda.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place half of it into a baking tray and press. Cook this for about 15 minutes till slightly risen and gloden.
- Remove from the oven and place the jam mixture all over the top.
- Add the remaining crumble mix on top and press down.
- Cook for a further fifteen minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely in the baking dish.
- When it has cooled, cut into equal sized peices and serve.
You will never be in a jam again!!!!