Lamb is one of my favourites. It is delicate, flavoursome, and cheap. ISH. I cook lamb a hundred different ways, and this is by far my new favourite. Especially if you are busy. This is going to be one of your dishes that you will make over and over again. Its another one pan dish, where no attention is needed to make this perfect.
So my father was coming over today for the first time to see my new place, and i wanted to make him something that he would love so he can come back again and again. If i know anything about men, and especially my father, food is the way to their EVERYTHING!!!!
This is just simply a delicious drop off the bone kind of dish, and it didn't disappoint. I was a bit nervous as my dad is quite difficult with food and a perfectionist, and likes things the way he likes it, but he kept sticking his fork in for more, and i couldnt have been happier. I succeeded.
1 whole shoulder of lamb
4 white onions
1 bag of baby new potatoes
2 whole heads of garlic in their skins
5 cups of water
- Cut onions, carrotts, and place them in the pan.
- Add the potaotes, Thyme, rosemary and salt and pepper in the dish.
- Put the garlic cloves in their skin in the pan and season the whole dish with olive oil salt and pepper.
- Place the lamb on top and slit it to insert some garlic cloves, rosemary and thyme, seasoning it with salt and pepper.
- Place the whole thing in and leave it to cook for about 5-6 hours. Turning it over after 3 hours and then back again at the last half an hour just to bron it on all sides and to baste it. This wiill help keep the flavours in and juices running through as to not get dry.
Lamb is not only for spring, but im sure you will have a spring in your step once you have eaten this.